- Kasturba Medical College - KMC
- SDM College of Ayurveda
- College of Dental Sciences
- College of Pharmacy
- Muniyal Institute of Ayurveda
- KSHEMA-K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- MIM - Manipal Institute of Management
- T.A. Pai Management Institute - TAPMI
- Justice K.S.Hegde Institute of Management
- Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration(WGSHA)
- Karavali Catering College
- MGM College
- Poornaprajna College
- Poornaprajna evening College
- Bhandarkars College
- Milagres College
- Sri Bhuvanendra College
- Bharatiya Vikas Trust
- City School of Nursing
- CKM School of Art
- Dr. TMA Pai College of Education
- Government Training College
- Indrali English Medium Higher Primary School
- Prabodini Gurukula
- Sharada Residential School
- Sanskrit College
- List of Schools in Udupi
Syndicate Agriculture and Rural Development Foundation
Name of the Organisation: Syndicate Agriculture and Rural Development Foundation
Administrative Office: Main Road, Hiriadka - 576 113, India
Established in: 1966
Registration: Under Mysore Societies Act 1960, S. No. 3/66 - 67/ S K (An non Governmenental Organisation)
- To promote the betterment of people in rural areas through propagation of modern Technology.
- To organise rural people into viable group with Objectives of assisting them to help themselves.
- To establish and found organisations both formal and informal of people living in rural areas and support them with donations, grants or otherwise for the above purpose. 4. To publish journals, booklets to propagate and disseminate appropriate Technology.
- To organise seminars, workshop training programmes, exhibitions pertaining to agriculture, allied activities and rural industries.
- To assist research in agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry and allied activities.
- To undertake field study, surveys and evaluation studies.
Foundation organises :
- Formation of Farm Information Exchange Clubs with 30 to 40 agriculturists who are member of the Foundation.
- Formation of Young Farmers Clubs in High Schools, to inculcate love for agriculture in students. To encourage them to take up agriculture after their studies.
- Publishing monthly journal Krishiloka in Kannada which has a readership of about 15,000.
- Conferring BEST FARMER AWARD every year.
- Distribution of vegetable seeds every year, to young Farmer Clubs.
- Propagation of development vanilla crop through Vanilla Development Trust Sponsored by the Foundation.
GRANTS TO FIECs & YFCs: To encourage from Information Exchange Clubs (FIEC) and Young Farmers Clubs (YFC) we give grants for the extension activities conducted.
MANAGEMENT: Management of the Foundation lies in a Governing Council elected once in three years. Council at present consists of eminent bankers, prograssive farmars, social workers, journalists etc.
Mr. K K Pai, former Chairman of Syndicate Bank in the President.
Mr. K. M. Udupa, a retired Bank Executive and Executives Director of Bharatiya Vikas Trust is Vice President.
Mr. P. B. R. Hegde, a progressive farmer & Bank Executive and is the Secretary
Mr. P. Srinivas Hegde, a progressive farmer and a Social worker is the Treasurer.
Day to Day administration is looked after by Mr. H. V.Mallya, Retd. Bank Executive. Tel. No. 25423 38 (D), 2542437 (R) - STD Code - 0820.
The Director Institute for Social Development (ISD)
Kadri, P.O. Bejai, Mangalore - 575 004
Arts & Life Style
Udupi, an important Teerthasthal (pilgrimage place) with its historical Krishna Temple is the cultural center of Karnataka. more...
Business is that field, which no one can miss. We need to do business in every walk of life, hence it is an integral part of ourselves. more...
Health care" is the key word in Udupi and Manipal as the District stands first in the state in this field. The traditional vaidyas to giving traditional medicine, more...
Science & Technology
bankrupt good hillbilly stew, crazy, fancy and hillbilly heap rodeo, pappy. Thar range saw me him sherrif nothin' shiney dirt, pigs more...