Hospitals in Udupi
- Kasturba Hospital, Manipal
- S.D.M. Ayurvedic Hospital
- City Hospital
- Mitra Hospital, Udupi
- New City Hospital
- Gandhi Hospital
- Lalith Hospital
- Lombard Hospital
- Adarsha Multispeciality Hospital
- Sonia Clinic
- Muniyal Ayurvedic Hospital
- Dr. Ameena Meer
- Dr. Bhaskaranand Kumar
- Dr. A. Padma Rao
- Dr. Pratap Kumar
- Dr. Pushpa Kini
- Dr. Ramanujam A. S.
- Dr. R. R. Bhat
- Dr. R. Sripathi
- Dr. Sripathy M. Bhat
- Dr. Sripathi Rao
- Dr. U. N. Prasad
- Yoga & Naturopathy
- Prof. B. M. Hegde
- Dr. T.M.A. Pai
- Architect of Manipal
- City School of Nursing
- Sahyadri College of Nursing
- Smile Dental Clinic
dr. bhaskaranand kumar
Date of birth: 16th May 1946
Marital Status: Married
Mother tongue: Tulu
- MBBS 1970, Govt. Medical College, Bellary, Karnataka University.
- D'Ortho 1974, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Mysore University.
- M.S.(Ortho) 1977, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Mysore University.
- Life Member, Indian Orthopedic Association.
- Life Member, British Microsurgical Society.
- Member, Indian Medical Association.
- Member, Association of Trauma Care of India.
- Overseas Fellow of British Orthopedic Association.
- Member, Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand.
- Member, Society International De Chirugie Orthopaedique Et De Traumatologie, Belgium.
- Stanley Johnson Fellowship in Microsurgery at Northwick Park Hospital and Clinical Research Centre, London. 1st October 1986 to 31st March 1987.
- Visiting Fellowship to Loma Linda University Medical School, California in1986.
- Interlocking Nailing Training at Strausbourg, France. l9th to 22nd October 1991.
- Visit to Hamburg, Germany on invitation from Dr. Buck Gramcko to present work on Congenital Hand Anomalies 1991.
- Was awarded the Silver Jubilee Commemoration Lecture - on Primary
Atlanto Axial Arthrosis at the Annual Indian Orthopedic Conference, Lucknow. 1992.
- Visit to Cherrite Hospital, Berlin.
- N.S. Narasimhan Oration at the Annual Conference of Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association at Erode 1994.
- Baroda Orthopedic Association Oration 1994.
- Presented paper on Primary Atlanto Axial Arthrosis at SIROT, International Orthopedic Conference at Amsterdam August 1996.
- Vyaghershurudu Oration at Annual Conference of Andhra Pradesh chapter of Indian Orthopedic Association at Guntur Medical college, Guntur, October 1996.
- Distinguished young person award -1983 awarded by Jaycees.
- Felicitation by Tulukoota, Sangali-1989
- Felicitation by Madgoan citizen under the leader ship of Jnanapeetha award recipient Sri Damodar Mouza for the services rendered to the Goan patients-1992.
- Felicitation by Prathibha Ranga Shimoga 6.12.1992.
- Felicitation by Kannada Sangha, Baroda-1991.
- Felicitation by Tulukoota, baroda-1994.
AWARDS AND VISITS
- 1990-Prsident, Lions club.
- 1991- Regional chairman, Lions club.
- 1995-President Tulukoota, Udupi. In Dec 1995: Organised 'Tulu parba', a 95-day cultural extravaganza and exhibition of tulu folklore.
- Secretary Brahmana Yakhagana Mandali, Kateel, D.K.
- Jan1983 Participated in international Art Festival at Calcutta.
- Performance & demonstration, discourses on Yakshagana.
- Performance at Bombay, Calcutta, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Kerala.
- Felicitation for the work in field of Yakshagana- Town hall Mangalore 1991.
- work on problems of Head Load carriers -primary Atlanto axial arthrosis, won the silver Jubilee Oration at National Conference of Indian Orthopedic Association held at Lucknow in 1992.
- Same work was recognized as one of the ten papers selected for SIROT award at International Orthop ADIC Conference at Amsterdam in August 1996.
- Was first man to give an limb to a calf. This fact was reported in National media.
- Largest series of study on Congenital Hand anomalies.
- Radial club hand
- Thumb reconstruction in children
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE FIELD OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
- XIV Annual Conference of the Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand at Manipal on 10 & 11 March 1990.
- Continuing Medical Education Programme at Manipal from 3rd to 6th October 1991.
- Conducted C.M.E. Rehabilitation Medicine and Canara Orthopedic Meet on 2nd February 1992.
- Silver Jubilee Commemoration Lecture - on Primary Atlanto Axial
Arthrosis , Annual Indian Orthopedic Conference, Lucknow, 1992.
- N.S.Narasimhan Oration at the Annual Conference of Tamilnadu Orthopedic Association at Erode 1994.
- Baroda Orthopedic Association Oration 1994.
- Radial Club Hand and Thumb Anomalies, Vyaghreshurudu Memorial Oration at Andhra Pradesh Chapter of Indian Orthopaedic Association at Guntur, October 1996
He has presented papers at national level conferences
CONFERENCE AND C.M.E. CONDUCTED
Dr. BHASKARANAND KUMAR MS(Ortho), D'Orth. Professor
Department of Orthopedics
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
Hand Surgical Services
Kasturba Medical College & Hospital
MANIPAL - 576 119, Karnataka, India.
Arts & Life Style
Udupi, an important Teerthasthal (pilgrimage place) with its historical Krishna Temple is the cultural center of Karnataka. more...
Business is that field, which no one can miss. We need to do business in every walk of life, hence it is an integral part of ourselves. more...
Health care" is the key word in Udupi and Manipal as the District stands first in the state in this field. The traditional vaidyas to giving traditional medicine, more...
Science & Technology
bankrupt good hillbilly stew, crazy, fancy and hillbilly heap rodeo, pappy. Thar range saw me him sherrif nothin' shiney dirt, pigs more...