Hospitals in Udupi
- Kasturba Hospital, Manipal
- S.D.M. Ayurvedic Hospital
- City Hospital
- Mitra Hospital, Udupi
- New City Hospital
- Gandhi Hospital
- Lalith Hospital
- Lombard Hospital
- Adarsha Multispeciality Hospital
- Sonia Clinic
- Muniyal Ayurvedic Hospital
- Dr. Ameena Meer
- Dr. Bhaskaranand Kumar
- Dr. A. Padma Rao
- Dr. Pratap Kumar
- Dr. Pushpa Kini
- Dr. Ramanujam A. S.
- Dr. R. R. Bhat
- Dr. R. Sripathi
- Dr. Sripathy M. Bhat
- Dr. Sripathi Rao
- Dr. U. N. Prasad
- Yoga & Naturopathy
- Prof. B. M. Hegde
- Dr. T.M.A. Pai
- Architect of Manipal
- City School of Nursing
- Sahyadri College of Nursing
- Smile Dental Clinic
dr. sripathi rao
Dr. P. Sripathi Rao
Professor & Head, Dept. of Orthopedics
Kasturba Medical College & Hospital
Manipal - 576 119, India
Date of birth: 16th February 1953
MBBS-January 1975 from St.John's Medical College, Bangalore, Bangalore University passing all the subjects in the first attempt. VII rank in the.
University in Pre Professional course.
D'Ortho - August 198p from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Mysore University securing Highest marks in the University.
M.S.Orth-August 1981 from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Mysore University in the first attempt.
Overseas Doctors Training Scheme Certificate - Royal College of Surgeons, U.K. 1989.
One year compulsory Internship at Government Wenlocck Hospital, Mangalore 1975-76.
Six months' Junior Residency in General and Plastic Surgery under Prof.I.K.Dhawan.
Six months' Junior Residency in Orthopedics at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, during 1976-77.
One year Research Fellowship (I.C.M.R.) under the guidance of Prof.B.Sankaran at Central Institute of Orthopedics, New Delhi - 1977-78.
Professor & Head of Orthopedics Unit-IV, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal from November 1990.
Professor & Head, Department of Orthopedics from 29th December 1996.
Courses attended in U.K.
British Knee Symposium, Harrogate.
Knee Instability Course, Oswestry.
Functional Bracing, Sheffield.
Instructional Course Lectures of British Orthopedic Association, London.
- Complex dorsal dislocation of Metacarpophalangeal joint. Indian Journal of Orthopedics.
Vol. 20,July 1888.
- Implement by the metal tube window railing of a bus. South Indian Surgical Clinics 1(4),284-290,1987.
Subtrochanteric fracture of the femur an analysis of the results of operative and nonoperative management Injury19:169-171,1988.
- Impalement Injuries - Archives of Orthopedic and Traumatic Surgery.108:58-59, 1989.
- Management of unreduced Traumatic Posterior dislocation of the hip: heavy traction And abduction method - Injury in 1990,21, 225-227.
- Tumoral Calcinosis - Indian Journal of Surgery 1986.
- Cast bracing of fractures - Karnataka Orthopedic Journal 1981.
- Modified Lysholm Scoring in Meniscal Injuries: Journal of the Karnataka Orthopedic Association 1995.
- Prosthetic Reconstruction of Anterior cruciate ligament in the athlete - Journal of Indian Orthopedic Association July 1996.
- Acute Ankle Sprain - A Prospective study. -Indian Journal of Orthopedics, Vo1.31, 92-94, May 1997.
- Lysholm II Scoring System to Evaluate Meniscal Injury. Indian Journal of Orthopedics, Vo1.31,107-109, 1997.
- President Scout 1967
- Inter-Collegiate debator for St.Aloysius and St. John's Medical College.
- Dramatics - Enacted in Numerous plays in Bangalore.
- Quiz Master of Science Quiz for 2 years on Delhi Doordarshan (T.V.).
- Active Member of Society for Fine Arts, Manipal.
- Secretary, Lions Club of Udupi 1993-94.
- 3 month Fellowship on Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy at Loma Linda University California - 1987-88.
- 1 year training in ligament reconstruction, Joint replacement and arthroscopy at Harrogate and Halifax, U.K.1988-89.
- Higher training in arthroscopy at Paris and Quimper, France 1992.
- Invited for talks on Arthroscopy and ligament reconstruction at University of Shiraz, Iran 1993.
- Visiting University Hospital, Singapore 1992.
- 6 week Fellowship in Shoulder Arthroscopy in Hospital for Joint Disease, New York 1995.
- Ranawat Orthopedic Foundation Fellow 1996, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York.
- E.C. Member, Indian Orthopedic Association.
- Former President, Karnataka Orthopedic Association.
- Vice President. Indian Association of Sports Medicine.
- Life Member, Karnataka Sports Medicine Association.
- Secretary, Indian Arthroscopy Society.
- Member, Indian Medical Association & Secretary 1985.
- Organizing Secretary, Arthroscopy Update 1992, Sponsored by international Arthroscopy Association.
- President, Karnataka Orthopedic Association 1994-95.
- Member, Governing Council, Indian Arthroscopy Society 1993-94.
- Secretary, Indian Arthroscopy 1995-1998.
- Member, Executive Committee, Indian Orthopedic Association, 1995-1997.
Concentrating now on arthroscopic surgery, performed 3000 arthroscopic surgeries between 1989 & 1995. Includes procedures like meniscectomy, synovectomy, synovial biopsy, ligament reconstruction and loose body removal in the knee joint. Have also performed arthroscopy of the ankle, elbow or now the shoulder joint.
Special interest in the. Surgery of the knee including total knee replacement, intra articular fractures, ligament reconstruction and arthroscopy.
International Panelist on the organization of the world Congress on Orthopaedic Sports Trauma at Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia in April, 2000
Arts & Life Style
Udupi, an important Teerthasthal (pilgrimage place) with its historical Krishna Temple is the cultural center of Karnataka. more...
Business is that field, which no one can miss. We need to do business in every walk of life, hence it is an integral part of ourselves. more...
Health care" is the key word in Udupi and Manipal as the District stands first in the state in this field. The traditional vaidyas to giving traditional medicine, more...
Science & Technology
bankrupt good hillbilly stew, crazy, fancy and hillbilly heap rodeo, pappy. Thar range saw me him sherrif nothin' shiney dirt, pigs more...