Temples in Udupi
- Sri Krishna Temple
- Kolluru Mookambika Temple
- Anantha Padmanabha Temple, Hebri
- Batte Vinayaka Temple, Barkur
- Brahmalingeshwara Temple, Hosakatte
- Chowlikeri Temple, Barkur
- Dharmika Punaruthana Seva Mandali
- Guddattu Sri Vinayaka Temple
- KALIKABHA TEMPLE, BARKUR
- KALIKABHA TEMPLE, UPRALLI
- KAUP MARIGUDDI, KAUP
- Kunjaru Giridurga Temple
- Kunjarugiri Sri Parashurama Temple
- SRI MAHALIGESHWARA MAHAGANAPATHI TEMPLE
- SRI LAXMIVENKATESH TEMPLE, PUTTUR
- MUKTI KSHETRAS
- SRI KALIKAMBA TEMPLE, KARKALA
- Sri Devi Annapoorneshwari Temple, Kodyadka
- PRASANNA GANAPATHI TEMPLE
- RATHNAGARBA GANAPATHI, RAGAKERE
- SLV TEMPLE
- SIDHI VINAYAKA TEMPLE, UDYAVARA
- SHAKTHI PEETHAS OF UDUPI
- Palimaru Math
- Admaru Math
- Krishnapura Math
- Puttige Math
- Shirooru Math
- Sode Math
- Kaniyooru Math
- Pejavara Math
"DARSHANA" - CONSULTATION TROUGH ORACLE
Consultation of deities through an oracle popularly known as DARSHANA is a time-honored religious practice of this region. On every Friday evening after a special puja and collective prayer offered at Mahakali Shrine, Goddess Mahakali is consultedby devotees through a functionary called PATHRI, who as a medium gets possessed by the Deity, and offers effective solutions to the numerous personal problems presented by the devotees. The consultation begins at about 5.00 P.M. and continues till about 9.00 PM Sri N.Annaji Ballal, the present trustee of the temple, has functioned for more than 40 years as the interpreter of the pronoucement of the oracle in the 'Darshana' sessions. He regards this practice as an exce llent form offaith-care, which restores the spiritual health and strengthens the devotion of thousands of pilgrims from far and near.
SUB-DEITIES AND SPIRITS
Hanuman carved on the south-eastern pillar of the Theertha Mantapa of Sri Janardana Shrine, Ganesha seated near Hanuman, Naga Devatha on the Western side of the Pradakshina Patha, Shastavu (Ayyappa). Kallu Kuttiga and Panjurlistationed near Sri Mahakali these are the sub-deities and spirits worshipped in the temple.
PROJECT AND PROGRAM TO SERVE THE DEVOTEES
* Uplifting economically and socially deserving religious, educational and cultural institution of this region.
* Renovation of village temples, namely, Sri Janardhana temple of Kandavara in Kundapura taluk, and Kanagudde Mahalingeshwara temple near Udupi town
* Nursery (Kannada) school has been established in the temple campus.
* Maintains a library (more than 5000 books related to Hindu religion & culture) and reading room.
* A Dhyana Mandir (Meditation Hall) adorned with effigies of saints and philosophers of all seats of Hinduism.
* Guest houses and rooms to accommodate pilgrims.
* An attractive garden has been laid out in front of Sri Mahakali shrine.
CORRESPONDENCE WITH DEVOTEES
The temple management has built up a rare kind of rapport with its devotees through a system of regular correspondence. Every year thousands of letters and remittances for sevas are received from different places. They are promptly acknowledged and replaced. Devotees seek solutions to all kinds of physical, economic, domestic, and mental problems through these letters. Every letter is replied with enclosures of Prasadam, a photo of mother Mahakali and a particular name of the Mother Goddess to be daily chanted by the devotee for earning Divine Grace.
The temple office maintains a register of devotees with their addresses. After a devotee gets his name and address entered in these register, Prasadam is sent to him regularly once in a year, whether he offers any Seva or not.
'The devotees are the mainstay of this temple. This is the motto of the temple All acts of worship in the temple are meant for the advancement of the devotees and not for God as such. !!
Any temple can find all the resource needed for its renovation and development, if its management maintains personal contact with its devotees in the mannerdescribed above.
CONSULTATION TROUGH ORACLE
SRI JANANARDANA AND SRI MAHAKALI TEMPLES
AMBALPADY, UDUPI - 576 103
Tel: +91 820 2520871